Sunday, April 13, 2014

'Back to Bases'



Yes, I changed the look of my blog again. Only slightly though, but I have to admit the whole blog design thing is something Ifind hard to get right. It is like I'm never fully satisfied with what it looks like. But enough about that.

As I've already covered my favourite primers I thought I'd move on to what usually comes next; favourite bases. I'm a massive fan of finding nice bases, especially natural looking ones that will still even out my skin and cover what needs to be covered. The following ones range from light to full coverage but if applied right will all look very skin-like, flawless and natural.

Lightest first, the Diorskin Nude BB Cream has been mentioned on here more than a few times so I won't go on too much about it, but for a light, everyday base that evens out the skin and gives it a light glow - this is your best friend. Read a full review here. Available for £30 at Feelunique.

Chanel Vitalumière Aqua is a much loved foundation in the beauty blogging world. A light to medium coverage that stays in place, looks like skin and creates a flawless, glowing complexion. Very light feeling and hydrating but not at all oily. For best result I like to use my fingers to apply it. Available for £33 at Boots.

One I'd never heard of until I had a browse on cultbeauty quite a while ago is Alison Raffaele Reality Base Foundation which has the most appropriate name ever. It looks like skin, feels like skin (actually the product feels a bit like applying water to your face but once it's on it feels like skin), stays all day and  has a buildable medium to full coverage. Only downside is the slightly funny smell but that goes away once its set. The finish is very natural so not overly glow-y or matte but somewhere in between. Available for £35 at BeautyBay.

Last one is my newest addition and also the one I will probably use the least. Not because I don't like it because I really do (it wouldn't be in my 'favourite bases' post if I didn't), but because I just don't tend to go for full coverage products unless it is a special occasion or I'm going out - which is what I bought it for. Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation is another favourite in the world of beauty and it is not without reason. It gives flawless, longlasting, full coverage without looking cakey. I use it mixed with other, lighter foundations or with a damp beautyblender. Available for £34 at SpaceNK.

I know these are all high end products and I'm sorry I didn't include any high street ones, but when it comes to face products I do find that my skin prefers higher quality products. I'm not saying high street ones are bad, just that I haven't found a favourite there yet.

I would love to hear what your favourite face products are so let me know in the comments! Also love finding new blogs to read so pop your link in as well and I'l have a look. If you want to follow my blog you can do that here.

Love,
 Em

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely post! The Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua is one of my favorite foundation too, I love it!!

http://allthatfascination.blogspot.it

Unknown said...

Bases are my favourite part of a make-up routine. I love Erborian BB Creme at the moment (SpaceNK) along with YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat and Estee Lauder Double Wear Light for special occasions.

http://www.whatilovetodayx.com

Becky Fearn said...

I LOVE the dior bb cream, perfect for summer too :) wanted to try the chanel, but just heard they've brought out a new one more suited to oily skins so think i'm going to give that a whirl! xx

beautyandtheb1.blogspot.co.uk

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig