Sunday, February 24, 2013

The Black Jewel



For my birthday my aunt in England sent me a few beauty bits, and among them was this little package from Boujois containing 12 self-adhesive face jewels. They are ridiculously cute and fun to experiment with, however I don't think I will be approaching an occasion where "face-jewels" are a necessity all too soon I though I should find another use for them. As my current nail polish is one from TopShop called Jewel In The Crown I though I was appropriate to combine it with a couple black jewels, just to top it off you know? And so I did...

Two coats of the sea blue/green base colour, a black jewel on each of my ring fingers and a good coat of Seche Vite Top Coat and my nails went from ordinary to something new and slightly more interesting. I haven't had the jewels on for too long yet so I am not sure of their longevity, but I will get back to you on that. 

Just a quick note though, the TopShop polishes are incredible! They are super-opaque, rather long-lasting and they dry very quickly! The only downside I have experienced is that those with darker colours such as Jewel In The Crown does leave quite bad stains on my nails - worse than for example O.P.I and Essie. However, with a protective base coat underneath, there will be no stains in sight. So the next time you are in a TopShop store, check out their nail polishes (as well as the rest of their make-up which is also pretty darn good).


- Em

FOLLOW ME:

No comments:

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig