Saturday, February 09, 2013

Everyday Shadows








It is not everyday that I actually take my time to stop by the step of applying eyeshadow in my makeup routine, but sometimes I get the urge to whack on a little somethin' somethin'. Yesterday I went to a concert with my mom so I decided to give a new shade a whirl. MAC Soba, in you come.

I started off with the base, the Maybeline Fit Me foundation in 120 to be exact. This foundation is pretty darn great, it has one of the best colour ranges, louminous finis, natural "barely there" appearance, whilst still giving a medium coverage that is buildable. Any extra concealing was done by Maybeline's Fit Me concealer in 15. A little bit of Chanel's Bronze Universal over the cheeks, nose and forehead and a light dusting of Topshop's highlighter in Cresent Moon, and face was done.

Then came the eyes. I used my trusty, personalized MAC quad containing Espresso and Omega, together with the new little baby under the name Soba. Soba all over the eyelid, Espresso in the outer corner and blended into the crease and  then Omega to blend any edges, was all I did to give a little depth to my eyes. For eyelashes, I curled them, then coated them with L'oréal Telescopic mascara in waterproof and Maybeline Illegal Lenghts mascara (also waterproof). 

Only one more thing left, and that's lips. I used MAC's Rebel lipstick which is one of my favourite lipsticks of all times. A coat of this, blotted with a pinkie finger and voilá! Done, and done.

I hope you liked this rundown of my FOTD (Face Of The Day - yesterday). I am trying to mix things up on my blog with a little bit of a lot of things within the beauty and fashion business, including some travelling, so I hope you don't mind the variety. As always, just let me know with a comment or tweet if there is anything you want to see, or don't want to see or just something you want to ask :)



- Em


FOLLOW ME:

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig