Tuesday, January 15, 2013

New Year, New Goals, Same Old Dreams

2013. Two thousand and thirteen. I might be a little late on the band wagon but, wow, it is crazy how time flies, and with that I mean, really - it flies by, with a loud "swooosh". Whenever a new year approaches I start thinking about resolutions and goals I can set for the coming year, and every year I end up with the same, old, sticky clichés. Work out, eat healthy, work more with school work, blah blah blah... It's so old and used up! And honestly, when have I ever stuck with any of those? Never. Therefore, this year I will set myself some proper, serious goals that I haven't had before. They may not  be all eye-opening and original, but certainly better than my previous ones. Let's get on with them then, shall we?



Move to England and start Uni
Meet new people and become more independent and educated
Pretty obvious as I've just applied to universities in the UK, but this is what I am the most excited about for this year. Experiencing the life at university, learning about what I love (for those who do not know, I have applied to fashion marketing) and meet so many new people!


Travel
I told you they wouldn't all be original, this is one of the typical resolutions, but I really do want to travel and explore some more of the world this year! I have a few things in mind, but I need to decide on what to choose!

Develop my Blog
Any blogger of any sort will constantly be striding towards having a blog they are proud of, and although I am partially satisfied with the way my blog is now, there is so much more I can do with it! I also want to make it more of a full-time thing. That is once I finish my IB because I'm about to enter the time on exams which doesn't allow much blogging I'm afraid...


I need to leap into something that's unknown territory and try my best to make it work although it scares the hell outta me...I other words I need to:

Start a YouTube Channel!
Good god, now I've said is, and it's here, black on white. I've wanted to start making YouTube videos for quite a while now as I am obsessed with others on YouTube, but I find it really hard to sit down and make it all work... but new year means new opportunities, so I am going to do it. As making videos is a quite time-consuming project I doubt there will be any great progress until school's done, but I would love it  if you guys could give me some tips and tricks regarding this whole video-making thing. And if you have particular requests for what kind of videos you would like to see me do then feel free to let me know as I am quite lost somewhere between vlogs, reviews and tutorials..

Sort out my skin and clean my insides!
didn't really intend for that to sound so grotesque...
You were right, there had to be something beauty related, and well since my skin has been acting like crazy lately I have decided to take matters in my own hands for real this time and start from the inside to make my skin clear up.  I hereby open my door to everything vitamins, clean and healthy food, water and exercise. Hopefully it will do the trick, because my skincare is currently not enough on its own...

I consider these things as more of dreams and things I want to achieve (except from that last one - that's a pretty ordinary resolution...) and boy do I want to work hard to do so! Anyway, now that I've shared my dreams, goals and resolutions for 2013 I want you to do the same! Either by making a blogpost of your own (is you do, then link it in the comments so that I can check it out :) ) or by leaving a comment listing them. This way we can all work together towards achieving them and support and motivate each other along the way! I know this isn't like my typical beauty and fashion posts but I wanted to make this post, and so I did :) 

I thought I'd leave you with two pictures that may help your imagination spring to life when pondering on what you want to have done by the end of this lovely year.



- Em


If you prefer twitter for communicating rather than leaving comments, then you can always tweet me:) Find my link below...


FOLLOW ME:

Twitter - Pinterest - Bloglovin - Instagram (under the username emyly95)

6 comments:

amalie said...

nice resolutions emilie! go youtube!!

Siren said...

Fine nyttårsfortsett du har Emilie! Du får de sikkert t åg :D
Eg ska vel gå mer på svømming og prøva å spisa LITT sunnere.

anaspul said...

Great resolutions!! I do hope you achieve them all! :)

Unknown said...

youtube is the best!

Unknown said...

Det klare du! We can do this together!! :P xx Em

Unknown said...

thank you sweetie! xx Em

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig