Thursday, December 20, 2012

Where to go and where not to go in Paris

What comes to your mind when i say shopping in Paris? I'm going to take a wild guess and bet that it is Vintage, Luxurious (Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Armani...oh the list is long) and oh, Champs-Élysées. Did I get it right? I know those were the first things I thought of before I actually went to Paris. I can't at all call me an expert when it comes to the best places to shop in Paris, but I do know how I felt about the places we went to and therefore I thought I would share where I think you should make the time to go and where you should not.

Firstly, unless you love tons of people pushing and rushing, noisy traffic and five of each different store up the same street then I don't see a reason to go to Champs-Élysées unless you actually want to be able to say that you've at least been there. If you fancy stores such as Tommy Hilfiger and Louis Vuitton then go for it - Champs-Élysées is probably just your thing, but personally I found it to make me exhausted from the moment I set my feet on that street's sidewalk.

Agood alternative though, actually a better alternative I would say, is Rue De Rivoli. It has tons of stores, everything from H&M and Zara to Sephora and Yves Rocher to a few of those exclusive and extremely overprized French brands. Not to mention that there are a few vintage shops and that Louvre is basically placed right on this street. Notre Dame is just across the bridge and the amazing shopping center La Fayette is only 5-10 minutes away. Oh and a street called Av. de l'Opéra that is leading down to Rue de Rivoli (intersecting right by Louvre) is also a nice street with more unique shops and boutiques! 

Other than that I simply suggest to take the metro to any stop, and start exploring the hidden treasures in the narrow streets. Hope this helped if you are going to visit this gorgeous city in the near (or far) future! If you have any suggestions for my readers or for me on shopping in Paris, then let us know in the comments!


La Fayette





Rue de Rivoli






Au Revoir!

- Em



FOLLOW ME:

Twitter - Pinterest - Bloglovin - Instagram (under the username emyly95)

1 comment:

Siren said...

Eg åg har kjempelyst å reisa t Paris! Dokk e så heldige.
D va et supert inlegg i og med at eg tenke å reisa t Paris ein gang og då e d jo greit å vita kor eg kan gå :)

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig